BFI can provide you with any Tax Form/Envelope combination, Health Insurance Claim Form and Compliance Product you may need. Fill out our Request A Sample form to request our current year Tax Forms Catalog or call us at (703) 713-6600 to inquire about a specific tax form.
Comply with the new ACA healthcare reporting requirements with IRS approved tax forms.
Beginning January 2016, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Employer Shared Responsibility Rule requires employers to file annual information returns 1095-B and/or 1095-C with the IRS and deliver employee copies with health plan coverage information.
- Transmittal forms 1094-B and/or 1094-C will also need to be filed with the IRS.
- Forms 1095-B and 1095-C are used to report to the IRS, enrolled employees and former employees, details of employees’ health insurance coverage, including verification that the minimum essential coverage (MEC) requirement has been met.
- Employees and their dependents will use this information to complete their personal tax returns – and those who do not have minimum essential coverage may receive a penalty on their tax returns.
Who must report and send copies to employees?
- Health insurance companies
- Applicable large employers (ALEs) with 50 or more employees
- Small self-insured employers with fewer than 50 employees
- Those companies with 250 or more Form 1095-C filings must file electronically
If an employer fails to file and send employee copies, they may face penalties of $250 per filing, up to $3 million.